Upon course completion, you will be able to:
- Identify the major components of the Endocannabinoid System (ECS).
- Summarize the overall function of the ECS.
- Identify the mechanism by which major cannabinoids act in the central nervous system.
- Compare and contrast THC and CBD.
- Understand the basic mechanisms of receptor signaling.
- Understand the basics of cannabis pharmacology.
- Learn differences between CB1 and CB2 receptors.
- Learn some of the ways CBD can influence THC.
- Explore some of the additional therapeutic targets of cannabinoids.
- Learn the role that diet, lifestyle, and genetics can have in association with the endocannabinoid system.