Upon course completion, you will be able to:
- Define the terms anatomy, physiology, pathology, and pathophysiology.
- Define homeostasis and the two different types of metabolism, catabolism and anabolism.
- Discuss how metabolic state influence the effects of cannabinoids on the human body.
- Describe eight structural levels of the human body ranging from atoms to cells to the entire organism.
- Describe the organization of cells in the human body to form body systems.
- Identify the eleven major body systems.
- Describe the function of the different body systems.
- Identify the major organs in each system.
- Describe the purpose, function, and structural components of the 11 body systems.
- Recognize examples of disorders associated with each organ system and the effects cannabis has on these disorders.
- Identify medical conditions for which medicinal marijuana is approved.
- Define the implications for use of cannabinoids in the person diagnosed with cancer, epilepsy, pain, etc.
- Describe the therapeutic effects of plant-based cannabinoids on systems of the human body.
- Identify various therapeutic actions of cannabinoids/terpenes/flavonoids has on disorders/disease associated with each body system.