Upon course completion, you will be able to:
- Analyze the pharmacology of exogenous cannabinoids in clinical use.
- Discuss the pathophysiology of synthetic cannabinoid poisoning.
- Discuss the origin and development of synthetic cannabinoids, the prevalence of use, and the legal restrictions now in place.
- Describe how synthetic cannabinoids work.
- Recognize potential adverse effects of synthetic cannabinoids on the human body.
- Understand how synthetic cannabinoids affect the brain.
- Compare the effects of synthetic cannabinoids to the effects of plant-based cannabinoids.
- Discuss how people use synthetic cannabinoids and the potential for abuse and dependency.