Upon course completion, you will be able to:
- Identify the proper techniques for hand washing and gloving.
- Differentiate between clean and aseptic technique.
- Identify relevant hazards for the Cannabis Dispensary Technician.
- Identify the safety policies and procedures that must be followed in all phases of cannabis collection, compounding, and distribution.
- Identify steps to avoid cross contamination during compounding and reconstitution.
- Describe the essential elements of a disaster emergency plan for a Cannabis Dispensary.
- Describe the use of safety equipment in the cannabis dispensary.
- Discuss the chemical, fire, and electrical hazards that a Cannabis Dispensary Technician might encounter, and identify the safety procedures associated with each hazard.
- Describe safety precautions used during transportation of cannabis to homebound customers.
- Identify the symbols for: Chemical Hazard, Fire Hazard, Electrical Hazard, and Physical Hazard.
- Discuss the purpose and use of Material Safety Data Sheets.
- Correlate the classifications of fires to the types of fire extinguishers.
- List the common work related injuries in the Cannabis Dispensary setting, including latex allergies, and their prevention techniques.
- Discuss the importance of proper ergonomics in the prevention of injury.